National Fire Protection Association – Fire Statistics 2018
- There were 1,318,500 Fires responded to by U.S. Fire Departments in 2018 (1 fire every 24 sec)
- There were 499,000 U.S. Structure Fires in 2018 (1 fire every 63 sec)
- There were 363,000 U.S Residential/Home Fires in 2018 (1 fire every 87 sec)
- Residential properties consisting of 1 & 2 Family Homes, Manufactured Homes, Apartments represented 78% of all U.S. Structure Fires (up 8,000 from 2017)
- 2018 had 2720 Civilian Deaths from Home Fires (up 3% from 2017)
- 78% of all Fire Related Deaths occur in Home Fires
- One and Two-family Residential Building Fires accounted for More Deaths most years than all natural disasters combined.
- The U.S. Home Fire Death Rate is one of the Highest per Capita in the Industrial World
- There were 11,200 Civilian Injuries in U.S. Home Fires for 2018 (74% of all fire related injuries occur in home fires)
- 25,500 U.S. Structure Fires were Intentionally Set in 2018 (up 13% from 2017)
- Automatic extinguishing systems (AESs) were present in only 1 percent of nonconfined fires in occupied one and two family residential buildings.
National Fire Protection Association – Statistical $$ Losses 2018
- $25.6 Billion Property Losses/Total U.S Fires 2018
- $11.1 Billion Property Losses/All Structures U.S. Fires 2018
- $ 8.0 Billion Property Losses/Residential U.S. Fires 2018
- $250 Million Property Losses/Va. Residential Fires 2018
- $593 Million Property Losses/All U.S. Intentional Fires 20198
Get Protected – Let Stop Loss Minimize your Property’s Risk of Fire
Fill out the form below to get a StopLoss expert to consult with you about how to minimize your exposure to residential building fire liability and damage.