National Fire Protection Association Statistics 2013 – 2017
Electrical Failures & Malfunctions
- 42% of all Electrical Fires happen between 4PM and Midnight
- 2 out of 5 Electrical Fires happen in cold weather. PORTABLE SPACE HEATERS!
- 3 out of 5 Electrical Fires are due to arcing
- Estimated 5,300 Home Fires per year due to Overloaded Outlets
- Minimize Electrical Fires! Clean Up Overload Wall Outlets.
- Think of all the new electrical gadgets everyone has plugged in charging and operating in their home. Computers – IPads – Cell Phones – TV’s – Smart Hubs – Routers etc.
- More than one Power Strip plugged into one Outlet is dangerous but a very common cause of Electrical Fires
- Smoking is responsible for an annual average of 18,100 Home Structure Fires
- 590 Civilian Deaths yearly on average
- 1,130 Civilian Injuries yearly on average
- The Leading area of the Home where Smoking Fires is where? (Since the mid 80’s it is the Balcony or Porch).
Gas Grille/Charcoal Grilles
- Average 8,700 Home Fires yearly involve Gas Grilles
- 3,600 resulted in the structure catching fire
- Leading cause is the proximity to an outside wall
- Average 1,100 Home Fires yearly involve Charcoal Grilles
- Leading cause is the improper disposal of used charcoal